Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So glad I am not alone!

So, my first real rough day happened this week!  I had a headache by the end of it and thought, "wow, it is tough to work with kids sometimes!"  The games didn't go right, I couldn't get them to settle and I felt like they didn't get the best of me.  I know that I will not always be the best at this job and will encounter resistance but what struck me most was that even though I didn't feel the best I was still part of a team and was not alone. 

This really important fact was backed up through various means during the last week, so I have been ruminating on it.  One of my advisors brought to my attention the need for a mentor.  Somebody who will be able to not only instruct me on leadership issues but also someone who will have experience in urban ministry.  Finding this mentor will assist me in knowing that I am not alone.  Second, I realize how much bigger the ministry of TCM is and how supportive they are to each of their team.  Third, just going through 1 Corinthians and looking at the different ministries of Paul and Appollos.  Even though they performed different ministries the emphasis of the passage is on these being God's work!  God is in this ministry and this is the biggest reason I am not alone.  No matter how I feel (whether it went well or not) it is not me but what God is doing.  And for this I am greatfull. 

Thanks that I am not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment