Friday, October 14, 2011

Wow, that flew by...

Ok, so it's been a few weeks since my last post, but boy have these few weeks just flown by!  I haven't forgotten just been unable to sit down with it to post.  But here I am, and it is my intention to post each Wednesday, so keep coming back!

One of the great guys in the Bible wrote of Jesus teaching that we should love each other as God loves us, and that there is no greater love than the laying down of one's life for another.  Another great writer in the Bible speaks of three lasting things in this world, faith, hope and love.  The greatest of these is Love.  These thoughts have echoed and appeared during the past few weeks and have caught me today.

Last night we experienced our first community potluck.  Wow, what an amazing event and what a warm welcome we were given by the people of this community!  But this feeling has been demonstrated over and over by grace and acceptance in these weeks past.  So gracious is the atmosphere, that I even got cheers on making my first basket last friday at the men's basketball!!

Reflecting on how harsh the world around us appears each day and of all that we fear and distrust, I am amazed by the power of a little love.  At the risk of borrowing another's great thought, "what the world needs now is love sweet love".  I hope to reach a dark, hard world today with a little bit of love.  And I pray that you would too.

Peace and Love,
Darryl

No comments:

Post a Comment